Children's ministry at Koontz Lake Missionary Church builds on the knowledge that both home and church are initiated by God and important in teaching spiritual values to children. We plan ways to partner with parents to introduce each child to the love of Jesus as their Savior and friend. Our curriculum provides families with tools they can use at home to reinforce and apply what they learn.
The primary principles that guide our approach to family ministry are:
- Nothing is more important that someone's relationship to God.
- No one has more potential to influence a child's relationship to God than a parent.
- No one has more potential to influence the parent than the church.
- The church's potential to influence a child dramatically increases when it partners with a parent.
- The parent's potential to influence a child dramatically increases when that parent partners with the church.
(Adapted from Think Orange, by Reggie Joiner)